Friday, July 11, 2014

Big WWE/Indy cross-over next year?, full card for NXT RENEGADE, NXT vs WWE and more

WWE has been in recent talks with other main and indy promotions to host a cross-over event either sometime this season or the next off-season in July 2015. The concept is said to be WWE superstars being challenged by representing wrestlers from other companies. It is unlikely for them to do it this coming Season V because of the WWE vs ECW event already planned. So it should be safe to expect this cross-over event to happen in July 2015.

Shaquille O'Neal posted a photo of him and Hulk Hogan on Twitter after the Season IV awards. Shaq was having a blast backstage during the award ceremony and took pics with several WWE superstars. After the big positive response he got at the ceremony and him actually winning the award for 'Guest Commentator of The Season', WWE is looking to contact Shaq for future work with the company.

Shaq posing with Mark Henry.



Speaking of positive reactions from the award ceremony, Ric Flair got a big reaction as well. Due to the positive reactions Flair has gotten at WrestleMania, Insurrextion, and the award ceremony, WWE is looking to use him in a more regular and weekly in-ring and out of ring role. WWE believes they can continue to use Flair as a way to get others over while also keeping interest in older WWE talent.

 Anthony Chandler recently appeared in a sit-down interview on the Opie and Anthony show. Chandler discussed Ryan Nathen, his future in WWE and more. He said that for now he's just going to hang around in the mid-card and let other young stars get a chance to shine. He says he has no problem working in the mid-card and even argued that he's got to work with more people recently than he did when he was WWE Champion:
"Well, it's pretty simple, actually. When I was WWE Champion, there were limits as to who I could or couldn't work with. What I mean is this: in March, I wanted to do a program with The Miz for the Royal Rumble. I FIGURED it'd be a good way to get Mike back on the map. But I was told I couldn't work with him, because there wouldn't be enough time to establish him as a legitmate face and threat to my WWE title. So..I ended up working with The Rock, which was fine. If that doesn't make sense, basically, I could only work with guys like Rock, Cena, Snyder, ect as WWE Champion...I couldn't work with mid-card guys, and when I did, it was barely any fun seeing as most of my matches with mid-card guys as WWE Champion were squash matches. The live events were even worse. I had to face the same guys mostly every single fuckin' day as WWE Champion at those damn live events. Which, by the way, most had me losing by DQ anyway. But as a midcarder, I've been able to expand my match resume and have variety in my matches. So, I think I'm fine in the mid-card for now, as I've gotten to work with some guys I didn't work with last year. Like Ryan Nathen, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Triple H, and even Mike fucking Mizanin! So don't be misguided, I'm happy and fine with my current spot on the roster. Putting on a good match and losing is more fun than putting on a squash match and winning. People are so fascinated and obsessed with the idea of being a "top guy" and being up there as WWE Champion that they forget about wrestling as a fun sport and start to think of it as a popularity contest. Well, it's not. It's not about getting all the fame and titles and pushes or whatever. It's about going out there and putting on the best show possible. Just saying."

The full card for NXT Renegade is as follows: 
Corey Graves vs Yoshi Tatsu (Debut)

Zack Poe chooses 2 people to promote to the main roster

Jinder Mahal & Daivari vs The Great Khali

Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn (C) (NXT International Title)

Tyler Breeze & Dan Mendel vs Baxter Ewers & Aiden English (C) (NXT Tag Team Titles)

Leo Kruger vs Justin Gabriel (C) (NXT Title, steel cage)

Also, the card for NXT vs WWE on July 19:
  1. Aaron Snyder vs Sami Zayn
  2. The Artists vs Curt Hawkings & Zack Ryder
  3. Dan Mendel vs Alex Riley
  4. Justin Gabriel vs Ric Flair
  5. Adrian Neville vs Matt Hardy
  6. Rusev vs The Big Show
  7. Cm Punk NXT Open Challenge
  8. Antonio Cesaro vs Antonio Snyder
  9. Leo Kruger vs AJ Styles

No comments:

Post a Comment